Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Smiths in their own words... III.

The importance of being a “Smith”… until the bitter end…

"The court case was a potted history of the life of The Smiths… Mike, talking constantly and saying nothing. Andy, unable to remember his own name. Johnny, trying to please everyone and consequently pleasing no one And Morrissey under the scorching spotlight in the dock, being drilled. 'How dare you be successful?' 'How dare you move on?'… To me, The Smiths were a beautiful thing and Johnny left it, and Mike has destroyed it." (Morrissey-Spin, May 2004)

“If we reformed, it’d be as Morrissey and Marr, but that’s hypothetical. With emphasis on pathetic…” (Marr-Select magazine, December, 1993)

“I would rather eat my own testicles than reform The Smiths”. (Morrissey-Blender, May 2004)

“I just feel that when all is said and done, I am not insane”. (Morrissey-Q April 1994)

*Sniff!

No comments: